Michel Barnier, the Chief negotiator on Brexit by EU was out on wires in the previous hour saying that it would obviously be a no-deal Brexit if Britain doesn't come up with a positive proposal.
He further said that backstop agreement is meant to reassure Ireland that there will be no hard border and those reassurances cannot be time bound.
• If a request for delay is made, it will be up top EU member states to decide.
• The question now is why extend negotiations further, and how much time will be needed.
• If the UK gives compromises on the red lines, we are ready to negotiate.
• If Britain wants more than a free trade agreement, we can clear that up in the future.
• One cannot give any concessions to Britain on EU basic freedom for the internal market.
Latest Forex News, Analysis & Market Moving Events: